Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mumma muffins, or babycakes

Oskar turned one last week, and the poor little fella had a bad case of tonsilitis so there was no celebrating at all going on, on the actual day. When he was feeling better I thought he'd like some kind of cake to enjoy. But he hasn't had eggs yet, nor any sugar apart from the stuff that comes in fruit.

So I used this recipe that I had scrawled down on a piece of paper some time - I really can't remember doing it. But they were unbelievably easy, quick, kinda healthy and most importantly made from ingredients I had in the pantry.

1 cup wholemeal SR flour
1/2 cup white SR flour
1 large apple, peeled, cored and diced
3 tbs sultanas
pinch of cinnamon
1 1/2 tbs oil (I used canola this time)
3/4 cup milk
2 tbs honey

* Preheat oven at 200C
* Mix all wet ingredients, then add to flour and stir until just combined.
* put in muffin cases/tins and cook for 15 mins

No comments: